Jan 13, 2023
In today's episode of the thinking big podcast we talk with Chris Sherwin, he started out in business administration earning his MA and BSBA in just 3.5 years and his MBA in two years. As a Controller for a worldwide software company, and a CFO of $30 million, details and processes soon became his most valuable skill. He took an interesting turn in his career after an incident in life led him to pursue law enforcement and public service. He served as a police officer for 20 years and simultaneously began his own private security company demonstrating that you can fulfill all of your goals and dreams in life with the right mindset.
• Chris Sherwin has an interesting background, having gone from being a controller for a 30 million company to being a police officer.
• He made the switch because he always wanted to be a policeman and was inspired by the professionalism of the officers who responded to a domestic disturbance at his old job.
• He started his own security company, which was successful due to its low prices and good service.
• Being a police officer is becoming increasingly difficult, as there is more polarization in the country between civilians and law enforcement.
• This is when three cops started a podcast called "The Three Cops Talk" in order to open up a dialogue between police officers and civilians.
It is important to understand they are not goals nor merely desires, but profound needs that underlie and motivate every choice, every belief, and every decision we make.
Because they are the driving force behind any person’s behavior, understanding the needs and the vehicles used to meet them, we will have a better understanding of why life is the way it is currently and more importantly, how to facilitate change.
If you enjoyed listening then please take a second to rate the show on iTunes. Every podcaster will tell you that iTunes reviews drive listeners to our shows so please let me know what you thought and make sure you subscribe using your favorite podcast player. It means a lot to me and to the guests.